Monday, January 24, 2005

Mondays stink, even without a job ------ Monday 24 January

Rehearsal on Saturday went well. They were fans of my playing, I was a fan of their playing, we were all fans. It was a very feel-good, music-is-wonderful sort of time. One last run-through this coming Friday night (assuming I can make it) and then the show is Saturday night at Trees in Deep Ellum. Doors open at 9pm, if anyone is in Dallas and wants to come listen.

I had dinner with my friends Randy and Leslie Saturday evening and took the tour of their new house-- which includes a very comfortable guest room, where I'll be staying this coming weekend. This past Saturday night I did indeed stay with Chris and Christy, who had less than a week before moved into their apartment. Bless them for accepting a last-minute house guest.

I called my parents to check in after I got back to Houston (though not home) Sunday night, and my mom informed me that my sister's car window had been shot out Friday night. This time the rash of vandalism made the Sunday night newscast.

Apparently I need to watch a video of my many-toed cat. My attention to such is being requested. More here later.

No comments: