Sunday, January 30, 2005

WOW ---- Sunday 30 January

The show was INCREDIBLE! And I do mean the unable-to-believe-it original facet of that much-overused word, in addition to the more usual amazing-wonderful-tubular-stellar flavour. Not unbelievable because I didn't already think the band was great, but unbelievable because the show was really that good. Things came together in only the way that a live performance can-- no amount of rehearsal, however productive or fun or tight, can possibly replicate the adrenaline rush and intensity that comes with performing for a good crowd. And when the stars align and good karmas collide, channeling that intensity and high into the music produces something spectacular. And then it all feeds on itself. A non-vicious circle of momentum and energy.

So, even though I didn't get to bed until almost 5:00 this morning and by that point I was so drained I was nearly running into walls, I'm still partially riding the high of a good performance. And, as the bass player put it, I've been "annexed" by the band. The edict says that I will be returning to Dallas for future rehearsals and recording sessions and shows. In fact, I've already started working on some new songs with them.

I also really enjoyed The Chemistry Set, the band that played right before us. I just looked up their website to include in this post [www.thechemset.com], and apparently they're playing in Houston at Rudyard's on 5 February, which is this coming Saturday. I'll definitely be there. I'm not sure that anyone around Houston reads this blog (though Matt the keyboard/guitar player did check it out once, which is how this whole musical expedition got started), but if anyone is out there, let me know if you want to go.

No comments: